DID YOU KNOW FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS,
THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY AND REAL
ESTATE BOARDS USE MPAC'S DATA?
Did you know?
A Roll Number can now be registered to two user profiles on aboutmyproperty.ca.
HOW YOUR PROPERTY WAS ASSESSED
1. Your use of AboutMyProperty™ is conditioned on your acceptance of these terms and conditions. You acknowledge that MPAC may, without further notice to you, amend these terms and conditions, and you agree to be bound by those terms and conditions prevailing at the time you obtain property assessment data from MPAC, whether owned or licensed by MPAC, including any visual portrayal of such data (“MPAC Data”).
2. The MPAC Data, furnished to you by MPAC in respect of the subject property and comparable properties, is to be used solely for the purpose of assisting you in determining whether the assessment of the subject property is accurate and equitable, and for no other purpose.
3. The login username and password provided by MPAC to you, the property owner, tenant or representative (“Agent”) of a property owner or tenant, or any new login username and password you subsequently create, shall not be shared, assigned, transferred or otherwise made available to any third party.
4. If you are an Agent, you are authorized to access MPAC Data on behalf of a property owner or tenant solely for the purposes described herein, provided that you have a written agreement to act on the property owner or tenant’s behalf.
5. You may not sell, transfer, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, commercially exploit or disseminate the MPAC Data, nor make it otherwise publicly available, except in the context of a complaint or an assessment appeal pursuant to the provisions of the Assessment Act. Further, you may not, under any circumstances, use the MPAC Data for commercial solicitation purposes. MPAC reserves the right to vary any of the MPAC Data or to use other information in any such complaint or appeal process. For clarity, nothing in these terms and conditions prohibits a residential property owner or tenant from discussing the MPAC Data with other residential property owners or tenants for the purposes of determining the fairness of a property’s assessment.
6. You must ensure that the MPAC Data is secure from unauthorized access.
7. MPAC represents that MPAC and its suppliers (including the Government of Ontario) have title to, own, or otherwise have intellectual property and other rights in the MPAC Data and reports containing MPAC Data, and you acknowledge that the unauthorized disclosure of the MPAC Data could reasonably be expected to significantly prejudice the competitive position of MPAC and/or its suppliers.
8. The MPAC Data is provided on an “as is” and “where available” basis. While MPAC strives for accuracy, MPAC and its suppliers make no guarantee, warranty, representation or condition of accuracy, completeness, usefulness for your purpose or intent to provide updates, fixes, maintenance or support. MPAC and its suppliers expressly disclaim all warranties, representations or conditions, express or implied. You assume all risk as to the results and performance of the MPAC Data.
9. MPAC and its suppliers will not be liable to you for any loss or damage including, without limitation, lost revenue, profit or savings, lost or damaged data or other commercial or economic loss, or for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages.
10. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify and hold harmless MPAC and its suppliers from and against any and all claims, actions, damages or losses which may be alleged against MPAC and its suppliers in respect of any breach of these terms and conditions and your use of the MPAC Data.
11. Subject to any professional obligations of retention, you agree to destroy all records of MPAC Data promptly upon completion of the use of the MPAC Data for the permitted purposes. Furthermore, you agree to immediately notify MPAC in the event that your Agent ceases to act for you.
12. Upon giving you reasonable notice, MPAC reserves the right to terminate your access to, and use of, MPAC Data in MPAC’s sole discretion, including where you and/or your agent are in breach of these terms and conditions or in violation of applicable laws. In the event that your access is terminated for any reason, you agree to immediately destroy all records of MPAC Data that you may have in your custody or control, subject to any professional obligations of retention, where you are an Agent.
13. MPAC continues to make accessibility enhancements to AboutMyProperty™. However, some features may not be available in an accessible format. If you have accessibility needs that cannot be met from AboutMyProperty™, please contact MPAC’s MPAC’s Customer Contact Centre or use MPAC’s Accessibility Feedback Form.
Contact us and one of our representatives will assist you.